One pot orzo with tomato sauce & calamari
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 400g chopped tomatoes in tin
- ½ cup basil leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon carob syrup or agave + ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 250g medium entire wheat orzo
- 1kg calamari rings ( 500gr chopped in 3 cm items and 500gr in rings)
- Salt pepper
- 2 cups scorching water
- 2-3 tablespoons basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Warmth the olive oil in a big cooking pot over medium-high warmth.
- Add the minced garlic and cook dinner for a minute stirring with a wood spoon. Add the chopped tomatoes from the tin and stir. Add half of the chopped basil, vinegar, carob, honey, onion powder & stir.
- Add calamari items and rings, stir and cook dinner for 2-3 minutes.
- Cut back warmth to medium. Stir within the orzo and cook dinner for a minute, stirring often.
- Pour within the scorching water little by little stirring always with a wood spoon. The orzo will take in it shortly. It takes about quarter-hour for the orzo to cook dinner this manner and turn out to be al dente. Not too tender whenever you chunk it. Add the remainder of the chopped basil leaves.
- So, after you have stirred in all of the water and the orzo has cooked to al dente, take the pot off the warmth and let stand for a couple of minutes. The extra orzo sits the extra it absorbs the sauce so don’t be concerned if the sauce would not look as thick. It’s going to get there even when it is faraway from the warmth.
- Serve orzo with loads of freshly floor pepper, drizzle with olive oil on high with basil leaves.
(Visited 461 instances, 1 visits at present)